There are many ways to volunteer. Prior experience is not necessary, just a passion for our mission, a willingness to learn a new skill and a sincere love of and compassion for animals.
JJ’s Helping Paws is 100% volunteer-powered (including the board of directors). Volunteering for JJ’s is fun and very rewarding!
Volunteers contribute as much or as little time as they choose. Some volunteer opportunities can be performed at your home and other duties require being at our cat shelter in Cañon City or, at times, other locations.
The first list of functions (marked by a number) requires some training and a regular time commitment – generally weekly (or more often if you have the time) and volunteers must be at least 18 years of age. The second list of functions (marked by a bullet) can be fulfilled by those younger than 18 years of age and can be performed at your home.
Be assured that EVERYTHING you do helps towards fulfilling our mission!
Volunteers directly related to animal care, working at the shelter, having access to administrative records, and/or driving on behalf of the organization will be subject to a national background check, motor vehicle record review and must carry personal auto insurance.
If you would like to join our volunteer team or learn more about a particular opportunity, please call (719) 315-1665 or e mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
OBJECTIVES & EXPECTATIONS OF VOLUNTEERS
· Support JJ’s Helping Paws’ mission and programs both publicly and within the organization.
· Abide by the policies and procedures of JJ's Helping Paws.
· Present a positive image of our organization publically and within the organization. All of our volunteers are JJ’s Helping Paws ambassadors to our community.
· Learn from each other, support each other and share experiences and knowledge that will continue to make JJ’s a leader in our community for animal welfare.
VOLUNTEERS CAN EXPECT TO:
· be treated fairly with consideration and respect
· be appreciated and recognized for your contribution
· be a valued part of our team; to share ideas, thoughts, and suggestions openly and without judgment
· gain knowledge of JJ’s Helping Paws’ programs and the care and welfare of animals
· be an important part of our volunteer team with whom we share the desire to care for and show compassion for animals in need
· work hard, enjoy your experience and feel the satisfaction and reward of knowing your actions make a life-saving difference for the animals we serve.
JJ's Helping Paws is made up of passionate and very loyal volunteers (including the board of directors) who work tirelessly to help pet owners and dogs and cats of Fremont County.
If you would like to volunteer for JJ's please call or e mail us. We can always use the help of passionate animal lovers!
JJ’s Helping Paws was formed in memory of Jeri (JJ) McGuire.
In 2005, JJ started the first low-cost spay/neuter program for dogs in Fremont County. At the same time, JJ’s twin sister, Nazalee, started the first low-cost spay/neuter program for cats. JJ also started a dog grooming program at the local animal shelter (with her own funds) in order to improve the chances of dogs being adopted.
JJ was so passionate about animals that she continued her work despite a devastating terminal cancer diagnosis. JJ knew that Fremont County so desperately needed these programs and wanted her hard work to continue. Nazalee promised JJ that it would, so she gathered a group of dedicated, like-minded volunteers who combined their talents and passion for animals and JJ’s Helping Paws was born in 2014!
Today - and every day - we honor JJ in all that we do to continue her vision and dedication for the cats, dogs, and pet owners of Fremont County.
Copyright © 2018 JJ's Helping Paws - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy